Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Green Tip of the Day 1 Year Anniversary on Twitter!

It's hard to believe it's been a year, but 365 green tips have been tweeted in the past 365 days! I started tweeting the green tip of the day on December 30, 2008, with the simple goal in mind to make sure I provided just one tip every day. It's been a huge success, and I have over 600 followers to date. In honor of 1 year of green tips, I've decided to make a special retweet of my initial tweet, which was simply this:

"Green Tip of the Day: Invest in a reusable bamboo utensil travel set & eliminate the use of plasticware when at work, on the road or traveling."

What I was referring to was the bamboo utensil set, a reusable set of wooden utensils contained in a locally sewn cloth wrap. As the year has gone on, I've continued to not only tweet the green tip of the day, but retweet other resourceful green Twitter users interesting comments and tips.

In the upcoming year, my goal for green tip of the day is to reach out to as many people as possible and spread the word about going green. With just 140 characters per tip, I think it will be doable for most people.

May everyone have a great New Year, we'll see you in 2010 for the first new green tip of the day and post here on the green living tips blog!

No comments: